Through her experience in science communication, Llúcia Ribot has built up a repertoire of practical skills including writing and editing texts for news items, press releases, communication-related projects, disseminating activities, and institutional texts such as annual reports; as well as producing and updating web and print-based promotional materials.
Ribot has also supported the creation of dissemination activities and events, in addition to participating in public engagement and science education initiatives. Moreover, she has also developed a close collaboration with research and technical staff, suppliers, collaborators, and other key figures. Finally, she has also worked on collating scientific production indicators.
As Co-founder, Editor and Community Manager of the science outreach blog Super Science Me, Llúcia Ribot has organised a public engagement and science education initiative aimed at high school students to become part of a research expedition through their participation in the contest #MooreaMe (May 2018): a virtual classroom experience in Spanish connecting scientists at French Polynesia and secondary students at Spain.
Furthermore, taking part in the volunteer programme at the Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography (from September 2019 to March 2020) has provided her a unique opportunity to get involved with educational programming, exhibits, and conservation initiatives.
- SPANISH: Mother tongue
- ENGLISH: TOEFL iBT 95 (equivalent to C1 Advanced, CAE)
- CATALAN: CIFOLC – C1
- FRENCH: BCN LANG – A2
- Community Management: CMS, CRM, Social Media, PR, SEO, SEM, analytics and reporting, research and planning
- Creative marketing and document management: Adobe–Design and photo editing–, and Office
- Physical Organization: creative thinking, task analysis, prioritization, productivity, and analytical skills
- Planning: decision making, project management, and strategic planning
- Teamwork: collaboration, and delegation